I am trying to get a theme going across blogs, facebook and twitter. Post your own "dear Obama" message warning him that the Muslim Brotherhood is doing some trivial thing democrats waste time accusing Republicans or the Tea Party of doing. Here are some I've already thought up:
Dear President Obama: the Muslim Brotherhood does not provide women with free contraception. Please send Sandra Fluke to negotiate.
Dear President Obama: the Muslim Brotherhood has over a billion dollars of taxpayer money, and some of it might be invested in a Swiss bank. You should check that out while you are investigating Mitt Romney's tax returns.
Dear President Obama: I heard the Muslim Brotherhood might require members to have a photo ID. You should look into that.
Dear President Obama: children of the Muslim Brotherhood are eating more and more high fructose corn syrup. Please, think of the children!
Dear President Obama: I hear the Muslim Brotherhood is bitterly clinging to guns and religion. You may want Eric Holder to look into that.
Dear President Obama: I hear the Muslim Brotherhood may be supporting a War on Women. How about cutting their funding and donating it to breast cancer research instead?
Dear President Obama: I think the Muslim Brotherhood may not have all their tires properly inflated. They may be contributing to global warming. Please look into this!
Dear President Obama: I don't think the Muslim Brotherhood has enough Latino members. Maybe you should ask your Diversity Czar to check into that?
Dear President Obama, I think that some members of the Muslim Brotherhood actually believe in "legitimate rape." Please check into that.
Dear President Obama: I saw your allies, if that's what you think they are today, in the Muslim Brotherhood driving large, gas guzzling SUVs. Maybe you should buy them Chevy Volts instead!
That's enough to get you started. Share these, post your own to blogs, facebook and twitter, make them go viral!
There is a lot of talk today about Condi Rice for VP. I like Condi and all. But it won't be her. She is perceived as a moderate - probably unjustly so, but the fact is, on some social issues, she is distrusted by the conservative base. This conservative base is already skeptical of Romney, so Romney needs a reassuring pick, not a controversial one in this regard. She is also closely associated with the Bush administration. Now remember, for the most part, I liked Bush. This is not a bad thing for me. But Obama wants to run against the last two years of the Bush administration - two years that went south, largely because Pelosi and Reid were running Congress... but I digress. Romney needs to be able to say that he would not be just another Bush Republican. Condi on the ticket negates that. Finally, unlike most other politicians who say it, when she says she never wants to run for office, she convinces me. So who should Romney choose? I say, Bobby Jindal:
1) Let's get the obvious out of the way - Jindal is an Indian-American, and Romney is a boring white guy. Jindal on the ticket would be abother historic first, and would forever change the race debates in this nation. The GOP would no longer be the white people party. And it would highlight the racial double-standard of the left: to liberals, if you are black or Mexican, you are a special minority. But if you are Asian, you are nothing to them. However, Asians have just surpassed hispanics as the fastest growing immigrant group. They are an important voting bloc, and have been largely ignored by politicians across the country. This would be big. Real big.
2) Jindal is both the second coming of, and at the same time, the polar opposite of, Sarah Palin. Palin and Jindal agree on most issues, excite the tea party and conservative base, and break ground as historic minority figures. Jindal would add needed fire to the Romney campaign as Palin did for McCain. But elites hated Palin, unfairly, because she is a "low brow" figure who took more than four years to graduate from a podunk state college and went on to do things like work on fishing boats instead of working at law firms, universities, or major corporations like "respectable" people. Jindal is at home with blue collar working class folks, but has elite cred up the wazoo (see below).
3) Jindal would be one of the most intelligent, best educated candidates on a ticket - just like Romney. Obama fans brag about his Harvard Law degree and tenure as a professor. Well... Romney graduated with honors from Harvard Law AND Harvard Business. He needs a running mate with similar achievement, to avoid diminishing his own. Jindal graduated from Brown with honors (double majoring, in just three years), then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar, graduating with a Master's degree in Political Science, and was a consultant for McKinsey and Company and president of University of Louisiana - that's real brains, with the paper to back it up. It would be impossible for anyone to say with any credibility that the Republican Party is the "stupid" party with Jindal on the ticket alongside Romney.
4) Jindal has government experience and executive experience that defies belief for someone so young. Jindal was the head of Louisiana Health and Human Services, president of University of Louisiana, assistant secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Congressman, and Governor of Louisiana - all before age 40. He is younger than I am by a year. I feel so pathetic in comparison! Romney's big advantage - his private sector experience - is also a weakness in that people expect a President (especially after the Obama nightmare) to have extensive experience running GOVERNMENT. Romney has only his one term as a governor; adding Jindal to the ticket would add incredible balance in that regard.
5) Jindal excites the tea party. Romney doesn't. A Romney-Jindal ticket unites the big tent of establishment GOP, moderates, conservatives, and the tea party. Romney needs that.
6) Jindal is right on the issues. He favors limited federal government, states' rights, low taxes, less regulation, secure borders, life, liberty, guns, babies, God and country. Jindal is top rated by Right to Life, the NRA, and Club for Growth. He has the right vision for America, and will help reassure those on our side who fear Romney lacks a conservative vision or core conservative principles.
7) Jindal has experience that Romney lacks. Jindal served on the Homeland Security Committee in Congress and has national security expertise. This helps make up for a significant Romney weakness while the U.S. is still engaged in the Global War on Terror and faces new threats from the likes of Iran.
8) Jindal is a turn-around specialist, like Romney, but with government instead of private business. As head of Louisiana HHS, Jindal wiped out a $400 million deficit and created a $200 million surplus. As governor, he rescued his state's credit rating. He has the same vision for rescuing failing organizations with sweeping changes for improved efficiency as Romney - but has experience doing it with failing governments.
9) Jindal's greatest area of expertise is healthcare policy. The GOP is running on repealing Obamacare. The left keeps saying the GOP has no vision for replacing it. Romney's greatest weakness is that he implemented Romneycare as governor. Having Jindal on the ticket demonstrates a commitment to making actual healthcare REFORM, and not just Obamacare repeal, a top priority.
10) Jindal is Catholic. Romney is Mormon. Many voters will not support a Mormon. The Catholic Church has been, historically, one of the most critical anti-Mormon organizations. A Mormon-Catholic ticket would be an incredible thing, more so (in my opinion) than a Mormon-Protestant ticket. While there are many Protestant evangelicals who will not support Romney, I believe their biggest problem with him isn't religion so much as perceived weakness on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and gun control. Jindal would do more to help with this than probably any Protestant other than Mike Huckabee - and Huckabee would do more harm with tea party conservatives than he would help with social conservative evangelicals.
11) JIndal has been vetted. He has been elected and re-elected congressman and governor. Louisiana is a tough state for politics. If there was dirt on Jindal, it would have already derailed him.
12) Jindal has handled crisis. He succeeded in leading during the Gulf oil spill and Hurricane Gustav when other states failed, and in stark contrast to Katrina before he became governor. When the 3 a.m. call comes, Jindal will have a cool head and get right to work solving the crisis.
13) Unlike some other potential candidates, Jindal was not in Congress during the end of the Bush years, and therefore does not have a TARP vote to rationalize! He has congressional experience (important, as VP is also President of the Senate), but without a long history of bad votes to drag him down.
14) Jindal has a strong family story. He is the child of immigrants. His parents came to America to make use of their education in a free country. His siblings are all successes. His wife is a chemical engineer with an MBA working on her PhD. Everyone in the family has strong personal values. There won't be any embarassing uncles showing up drunk or children being born out of wedlock.
And that brings up something that needs discussed: there is a lunatic fringe of the birther crowd who will claim Jindal is not eligible under the Constitution. Let's just clear this up. HE IS. Jindal was born in the United States. His parents came to America legally, under a visa, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Anyone saying otherwise is a fool, allowing a non-issue to distract us from the REAL issue at hand: Obama, whether born in Hawaii or not, is a FAILURE as President who must be replaced because of his bad policies.
So that's my take. Jindal would be best. You can agree or disagree. But regardless of who Romney chooses as his running mate, my vote is with Romney to defeat Obama. I hope you and I can agree on that!
Dear Alliance Healthcare, 877-667-2793. I am hereby giving you NOTICE that you are NOT ALLOWED to call my telephone number. I am on a NATIONAL DO NOT CALL LIST. I have never done business with you, or requested information from you. I have already formally requested you cease and decist calling me.
If you attempt to contact me again, I WILL PURSUE LEGAL REMEDY.
By now, you have probably heard a lot of GOP establishment elitists lamenting the primary victory of Christine O'Donnell. Now they are attacking her with far greater zeal than they have ever displayed against actual liberal democrats.
She is conservative. She is pro-life. She is pro-gun. She is Christian. She is small government. She is anti-tax. She is for free markets. She is against Obamacare. She is against stimulus spending. She is against cap and trade. On pretty much every policy, she is exactly where the GOP platform says a GOP candidate should be.
So why do they hate her? Simple: she is not one of them.
Here is how the elitists - and by this, I mean the Washington insider elitists of BOTH parties, not the average voter, and certainly not the average conservative - see her:
She is an idiot. She is a crazy, insane, fool. She is a bible-thumping hypocrite who until last week was sacrificing babies to satan. She is an ingnorant, stupid, uneducated hick who didn't go to a real university, and who barely even graduated at all. She is white trash. She is a redneck rube from poor breeding mouth breather bitter clingers and not from a nice old money establishment family. She is a lightweight who can't win an election because she has made mistakes in her past, been involved in legal battles, and doesn't have a lot of her own money. And worst of all, she is just a pretty face, a cute smile, pretty hair and fun glasses. Kind of like that other horrifyingly bad candidate, Sarah Palin.
Oh, and speaking of witch which, Sarah Palin rushed in to endorse her and help her win the primary. That bitch witch.
That is what the elitists think. And that is why they hate her. But it isn't why they attack her so much. The attack her not out of hate, but out of fear. And why? Because her campaign is now a referendum on Sarah Palin. And they fear Sarah Palin.
The elites dread one thing more than just about anything else, and that is Sarah Palin becoming President of the United States. They don't fear it because they fear her policies or what she may do as President - well, except for one thing: flushing out all the elitists from power.
The elitists fear that the Tea Party movement will clean house, and all the elitists in power will no longer have power. Plain and simple. And to the elitists, Sarah Palin IS the Tea Party. And Christine O'Donnell is Sarah Palin by proxy. Defeat O'Donnell, and defeat Palin.
So whenever you hear some pointy headed certified smart person claiming to be a good conservative Republican and ranting about how horrific Christine O'Donnell is and how stupid the Tea Party is for nominating her and how she will lose her election, just remember what they are really saying: we hate Sarah Palin, you stupid ignorant bible thumping bitter clinger white trash idiot.
If you believe in what the Tea Party stands for, support Christine O'Donnell. If you think Sarah Palin is your friend and not your enemy, support Christine O'Donnell. If you think it is time to make good on Nancy Pelosi's pledge to drain the swamp, support Christine O'Donnell. If you believe Washington is broken and the establishment elitists are to blame, support Christine O'Donnell.
If none of that applies to you... well... just come clean and admit you want to elect committed marxist and Reid lap dog Coon instead. I'd respect you more if you were at least honest about it.
Pop quiz time.
Which of the following would you say is the greater threat to national security?
A) Radical moslem fascist terrorism
B) Iranian nuclear ambitions
C) Russian opposition to a missile defense shield
D) Childhood obesity
Now, most of you folks might look at this and think "gosh, more than one of those is a real threat... it is hard to pick one out." Well, most of you are obviously stupid, weak-minded fools incapable of understanding the nuance of the situation. Fortunately, you need not worry your feeble little minds, because we have the Obama administration in charge and ready to tackle what is obviously the gravest danger for us. Clearly, childhood obesity is the greatest threat of these choices - not only is Michelle Obama ready to call out this killer for what it really is, but that she is actually going to DO something about it (as opposed to the other three non-issues the administration is ignoring).
But some stories are so awful they need to be told, lest we allow them to happen again:
Man sees doctor for the first time in 65 years. Why so long? His last doctor: Josef Mengele.
Nancy Pelosi led the democratics to pass the House version of comprehensive government health care.
Naturally, Oregon's democratics voted along with her.
Here is what Sid Leiken has to say about it:
Government takeover of Healthcare has long been one of DeFazio’s signature issues. The fact that he was one of the last holdouts to vote for it shows how unpopular this bill is at home, especially the $400 Billion in Medicare cuts.
As I wrote in my recent Op-Ed, to understand the local impact of DeFazio’s vote we need only look at the financial consequences on our ambulance services, which are struggling to stay afloat just with current government reimbursements. With DeFazio voting to further cut Medicare funding and expand government control we can now look forward to more serious economic challenges here at home.By voting for this bill DeFazio is ignoring the biggest issue: jobs. Community based businesses have long been the job creators in South West Oregon. With the new horrendous tax burdens and unfunded mandates that DeFazio’s vote now places on them we will continue to have double digit unemployment.
Next year’s elections will come down to these major issues; who can improve our economy and bring jobs, who will stop deficit spending and increased taxes, and do we want greater government control of our lives. With the long history of high unemployment in his district, and his unsustainable deficit spending votes, we have long known where DeFazio stands. By casting one of the deciding votes for government run healthcare, DeFazio has clearly shown us where he stands, a blatant disregard for the economic needs of seniors, the unemployed and the small businesses of our district.
ACORN is now busted on a FOURTH VIDEO. In this one, the happy ACORN community organizer is giving the "pimp and hooker" tips on not just cashing pimp money in for a successful political campaign, but also seducing male bank executives, getting the most out of underage illegal alien kiddie hookers, oh, and hiding the bodies after killing people who get in your way.
Do you think that is a stretch? I don't. It sure sounds to me like she confessed to premeditated murder of her husband after framing him with false claims of domestic violence. I mean, sure, you can interpret that conversation however you want to... but that is MY interpretation.
And the scary thing is... the film makers have hinted that even bigger bombs are dropping soon!
Don't know what I'm talking about? Well, if you don't watch FOX News, listen to conservative talk radio, or read conservative websites, you haven't heard about any of this.
And what is ACORN doing now? Why, changing its name, of course! Yes, it will now be "Community Organizations International." Well, either way, it is still a COMMunity organization IntErnational group of America-hating leftist criminal thugs.
And NBC? ABC? CBS? New York Times?
THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING! Will ANY of these "news" sources take notice? Will any of them follow up on ACORN as it tries to hide under new names?
This is an organization that created Barack Obama, and which - as far as all objective evidence suggests - is writing our legislation and setting our policies. It is an organization that has already received tens of millions of OUR DOLLARS and which could potentially receive BILLIONS of "stimulus" dollars.
And every indication is: corrupt, criminal, dangerous.
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?!?!?!?!
Will anyone in the federal government take action?
What about here in Oregon?
Does ACORN receive any Oregon taxpayer dollars?
Has anyone in government bothered to ask?
Did ACORN have anything to do with any of the big bills passed this session?
Why isn't there a RICO investigation underway?
IS ANYONE ELSE EVEN ASKING THESE QUESTIONS?
The complete and total blackout of all of this in our traditional news media is frightening. This is the sort of media compliance with a corrupt administration I would expect out of the old Soviet Union or NAZI Germany.
Yes, I went there. What else am I supposed to do at this point?
WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!
Reader Adrienne e-mailed me an article asking if I would post it. Since I agree with it, I said sure. So below is a guest post from Adrienne:
How Obama’s Healthcare Reform Will Hurt America
The healthcare reform proposed by President Obama and the Democratic Congress is causing more than just confusion in the nation; in fact, fear is uppermost in most people’s minds as they contemplate how the passing of this bill could adversely affect their lives, especially if they’re the ones who need (or whose families need) expensive and experimental medical treatments. Yes, there’s no doubt that Obama’s healthcare reform will hurt America, because:
· The government decides the kind of healthcare that is appropriate for you: Rather than your doctor being able to decide what treatment is best for you, it’s the governments invisible eyes (the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology) that are now going to be monitoring all that’s going on in hospitals. So in effect, your treatment will be decided based on what the government thinks is appropriate and cost-effective. Your doctor will have less responsibility and autonomy in deciding the kind of healthcare that is suitable for your condition.
· Doctors are likely to face penalties for trying experimental procedures: When there is no impetus to try out new forms of cure, the medical community stagnates and does not grow. We are left with tried and tested methods to battle diseases, some of which are not very effective. Besides this, the government has the right to penalize doctors who decided to go against procedures detailed as appropriate in the reform. With this kind of micro management and Big Brother peeping over their shoulders, it’s a wonder if doctors and hospitals will be able to do their job effectively.
· The choice to seek experimental treatment is minimized: Patients who wish to try everything in and outside the book in order to stay alive are denied the opportunity to do so if the government decides that their condition is “hopeless” and that they are better off dead than being alive and wasting healthcare dollars. This cuts off all avenues of treatment, and subsequently, all avenues of hope. President Obama even went so far as to criticize his own grandmother’s hip replacement surgery which came close on the heels of her being diagnosed with a terminal disease. He called it “unnecessary” because she was going to die anyway. But living with a broken hip could mean being bed-ridden and in constant pain, a fact that the President seems to have forgotten.
· Healthcare is being treated as an industry rather than a social need: It’s true that millions of dollars are being spent for healthcare in America. But instead of focusing on a more preventive approach – like getting people to stop smoking, reduce their weight, and change to a more active and healthy lifestyle – Obama and Congress want to cut costs when people do fall sick and need treatment. They are focusing on reducing expenditure, but this in turn stifles growth in the industry. And when the medical profession does not advance, it is a sad day for mankind, because unfortunately for us, disease and illness are advancing rapidly.
This guest article was written by Adrienne Carlson, who regularly writes on the topic of nurse practitioner schools. Adrienne welcomes your comments and questions at her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org